►►It is necessary to write a letter of resignation when you leave your place of employment. If you resign from a job that you love and are leaving for a better opportunity; or you hate your environment and need to save your sanity, don’t “burn any bridges”. In your letter of resignation show politeness, be discreet and display maturity when tendering your resignation. Your professional reputation is built on your actions and behavior especially when you write a resignation letter. You don’t know when a favor or recommendation from your present boss will be needed in the future therefore show discretion in your job resignation letter.
Construct a brief concise note when you write a letter of resignation. The job resignation letter needs to cover all bases but avoid writing a dissertation. When you write a resignation letter these are some areas to remember:
* Get right to the point in your job resignation letter.
* State your intention to resign at the beginning of your letter of resignation, then as you progress with the resignation, mention your acceptance of another offer.
* Another reason for the resignation may be relocation, and this would be appropriate when you write a letter of resignation.
* In the letter of resignation, mention two weeks notice as common courtesy.
* In the job resignation letter, be sure to say when your last day of employment will be.
* When you write a resignation letter, mention the position you have accepted fits better with your personal preferences or career goals.
* The job resignation letter should also contain thanks to your employer for the opportunity to work for his/her organization.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum